HEATON AVENUE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Heaton Avenue Primary School holds the Healthy Schools Award, Activemark and the Investors in Pupils Award
The school write and run the SCITT training on Planning and assessment.
2008 Ofsted – Outstanding
- Pupils' personal development and well-being is outstanding
- The quality of teaching and learning is outstanding. Lessons are enticing and exhilarating, and regularly demand that pupils think for themselves.
- The curriculum is innovative, Traditional subjects are skilfully woven together with the core skills of literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology (ICT)
- The school takes all aspects of safeguarding very seriously
- Leadership and management are outstanding.
Smaller than average - school
Below average - The proportion of pupils eligible for free school meals and the proportion of pupils from minority ethnic backgrounds
Below average - The proportion of pupils with a statement of special educational need
Average - though the proportion with learning difficulties and/or disabilities below average - The proportion of pupils who speak English as an additional language
All classes mixed age group