Lesson study is a professional development process whereby a group of teachers collaborate to develop a lesson plan, teach and observe the lesson to collect data on student learning, and use their observations to refine their lesson. It is a process that teachers engage in to learn more about effective practices that result in improved learning outcomes for students.
There are a number of professional offers we can support with but below is a typical lesson study cycle:
1. Initial meeting to discuss the needs of your school or group of schools
2. Half day CPD meeting to set up the learning network; establish lesson study protocols and agree focus for the work.
3. Teachers work together and complete first round of lesson study in their own school/schools.
4. Half day evaluation
5. Teachers work together and complete second round of lesson study in their own school/schools.
6. Final evaluation and review. We ask staff to present their findings and the teaching school will provide a case study for each school to keep.
For more information, download our factsheet.
For more information on lesson study click here.
Click here for further information from the Teacher Development Trust.
How to book?
Please telephone 01274 494898.