How to apply to train as a teacher:
1. Thinking process:
- Check you have the entry requirements for teaching – qualifications and experience.
- Decide what age group and/or subject you want to teach.
- Decide you want a programme led by and based in schools.
- Decide you want to train in great Bradford schools
- Choose an experienced SCITT provider with several years experience
- Choose us.
- September 2017 starts – From October 2016 you will be able to search and apply for courses on the UCAS website (APPLY 1). (see link opposite)
- Search on our postcode: BD8 9QW
- Select 'St Edmund's Nursery School, Washington Street, Bradford, BD8 9QW' to apply for both fee-funded or school funded
- January 2017 – if you aren’t holding an offer from APPLY 1, you can now continue to apply online through UCAS, adding one choice at a time through APPLY 2.
- September 2018 start – we expect UCAS to open for applications in October 2017.
3. The interview:
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. You will be asked to bring original certificates of your qualifications, proof of address and proof of identification.
- The interviews will be held in schools and involve school leaders.
- You should expect to be observed in a classroom environment working with a small group of children, be interviewed by a panel of senior leaders, undertake literacy and numeracy tests.
- The classroom observation in centered around a book. Click here for a list of book ideas.
- In all, to demonstrate your passion for teaching, and to have clear ideas about what makes learning fun and successful.
4. The offer
- If successful you will be made an offer conditional on qualifications checks, passing professional skills tests and a DBS clearance. Also to pass a check on ID, childcare disqualification checks and proof of address.
- You will also be invited to our induction event to be held in early July (date to be confirmed)
Links - Please click on the links below
OUR COURSE CODES
When applying please use the relevant course code below:
|Design and Technology||2KY5|
|Modern Languages (salaried)||24MW|