MISSION, VALUES AND CHARTER
St Edmund’s Nursery School decided to form a multi-academy trust in 2015 because they wished to make a significant contribution towards improving Bradford’s schools. Equally important for St Edmund’s was their commitment towards building community cohesion and fostering a spirit of optimism within the city’s children and young people.
As a Bradford-based trust, we wish to engage learners in our schools who are well-rounded, socially aware, skilled citizens, proud to be part of a magnificent future for our city. We wish to build:
BRIDGES of RESPECT, ASPIRATION and DETERMINATION, FOCUSING on OPPORTUNITIES, RESPONSIVENESS and DYNAMISM
We will build across our community of learners:
- Bridges: we will link learners from across the Trust and also continent to continent, person to person and faith to faith.
- Respect: we will foster mutual respect, creating understanding of others; self-respect and shared respect for learning. Genuine community cohesion will be a significant benefit.
- Aspiration: will spring from respect for learning. Parents will seek a better future for their children through education; communities will seek economic security on the basis of good job opportunities.
- Determination: to achieve linguistic excellence and thus good educational outcomes. Leaders will share parents’ and learners’ ambitions, ensuring success and high academic standards.
- Focusing: The entire learning community will be sharply focused on the relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Opportunities: These will be equal for all, be they Pupil Premium, SEND, EAL or G&T. Regardless of gender, faith or race, all learners and families will be empowered to fulfil their potential.
- Responsiveness: meeting individual needs through a broad, balanced curriculum, and deployment of a highly skilled workforce and a coherent talent management strategy.
- Dynamism: our learners will be active physically, intellectually curious and creative. Our enrichment programmes and extension activities will permit whole person development. We aim to empower forward looking, resourceful and articulate citizens with a strong sense of self and an equally strong respect for others.
- The learner is at the heart of all we do
- The trust will follow a moral approach, based on inclusive educational values
- An emphasis on the importance of transitions between education settings and the creation of a seamless learning journey
- A commitment to partnership with families and the wider community
- The promotion of community cohesion and mutual respect
- The value of creativity in the curriculum
- A focus on high expectations, achievement and excellent progress for all, valuing the development of broader skills and attributes which are less easy to measure
- Support for all who work in our schools, linked to professional development opportunities, promoting success for learners in the Trust
We are committed to enabling a seamless learning journey from birth to 19 for all our learners, promoting a sense of pride in their identity as citizens of Bradford and Britain.
All our young people will become:
- Successful life-long learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
Our learning community will:
- Value, respect and support the individual and collective needs of all learners.
- Provide an education of excellence to enable all learners to make the very best use of their individual talents and abilities.
- Maintain a broad, balanced, creative and appropriately challenging curriculum catering for the needs of all students.
- Encourage learners to take pride in their membership of the school community and to contribute to the running of the school.
- Provide and maintain a safe, caring and stimulating physical, social and learning environment.
- Engage with parents, the community and partner schools to improve educational outcomes for all, valuing equally the contribution of all stakeholders to our success.
- Respect, value and celebrate the diversity of local, national and global communities.
- Employ all staff according to national and local authority terms and conditions as a minimum, engaging with relevant professional associations.
- Promote job satisfaction and security and a commitment to ongoing professional development for all staff.
- Share a whole-hearted commitment to well-being for all.