SCHOOL TO SCHOOL SUPPORT
We believe school to school support is the best way to secure sustainable school improvement.
We are well placed to broker support for a school with improvement needs using our network of school leaders, highly skilled teachers and other professionals who understand local context and current challenges.
Our support begins with detailed discussions about the focus of planned work, enabling a bespoke programme to be designed. We do not believe that ‘one size fits all’ so an individual package of support is developed in case, varying from shorter, one-off pieces of work to longer term projects.
The Department for Education Strategic School Improvement Fund provides funding for the Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School Alliance to support school improvement by working with schools and academies. If you are interested in being part of an application please get in-touch.
* We are currently deploying system leaders in 80 schools across Bradford.
* We have received in excess of £1.5m from the DfE to support school to school improvement partnerschips.
* Our Strategic Board includes National and Local Leaders of Education.
School to school support is comissioned by the school receiving support. Addresing priorities in the School Improvement Plan. The Headteacher of the school commissioning support remains responsible for its success, although all parties clearly have a role to play.
Download further information about commissioning school to school support here.
Working with families and children, newly arrived from Eastern Europe offer
Over the past decade, Bradford and the West Yorkshire region has seen a growing number of children from Eastern Europe attending our schools.
A significant proportion have been from Roma heritage. Many schools find that they lack understanding of the unique perspectives of Roma families and schools may often struggle in understanding Roma culture and the history of previous experiences of education systems which may lead them to be reluctant to engage with your school.
· How to engage Roma families effectively into education and the wider life of the school
· How to secure good levels of school attendance, and good punctuality
· How to support positive attitudes to learning and good behaviour
· How to provide effective learning opportunities for Roma children with English as an additional language
· How to communicate effectively with parents with English as an additional language, who sometimes have poor language and literacy in their home language
· Having good strategies in place to support school readiness and transition
· Provide bespoke support for families experiencing especially challenging social circumstances, including financial, health and legal difficulties.
· Engaging parental support for school partnership arrangements for children with SEND
Juraj Tancos is St Edmund’s Nursery School’s dedicated EU Migrant Worker and Support Officer. From Roma heritage, Juraj has worked for the past seven years with Bradford’s East European and Roma communities, and has played a key team role in developing St Edmund’s excellent practice. Ofsted (2019) said: “High levels of community engagement, rightly, place St Edmund’s at the heart of the local community. Parent partnerships are a key strength of the school.” Educated in the UK to degree level, Juraj is a highly-skilled communicator. He is also a trusted member of the Roma community who’ll help your school or setting to make great progress in parental engagement.
Designated as a Centre of Good Practice For New Arrivals by Bradford Local Authority, St Edmund’s has provided improvement support for schools and settings across the region for the past five years. Juraj has rich experience of providing training, advice for quality improvement, and opportunities to observe and model effective Roma parental engagement strategies.
Making a booking
Juraj may be commissioned at a day rate of £250.
To make a booking, please contact Abi Traynor email@example.com 01274 494898
To discuss your needs, please contact Juraj Tancos directly Juraj.Tancos@stedmundsbradford.org.uk
Don't just take our word for it click the images below to read about the significant impact it has made in a number of Bradford Schools.
To find out more about the school to school support available through National Leaders of Education, Local Leaders of Education, Specialist Leaders of Education and National Leaders of Governance in our area, please contact: 01274 494898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org